The top four reasons you should consider making the switch from a recreational cannabis consumer to a Michigan medical cannabis patient
Michigan, like many other states, first legalized cannabis for medicinal use. Recreational cannabis has since taken the spotlight, and, as a result, many new consumers have lost sight of the plants’ therapeutic value. Still, there are many reasons every Michigan cannabis consumer should consider getting a medical marijuana card – from both a medicinal and financial standpoint.
Becoming a Michigan medical cannabis patient takes a little work, but it’s worth the minimal effort considering the benefits.
Here are four reasons we think you should consider becoming a Michigan medical cannabis patient. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]
You’ll save money.
Michigan’s medical cannabis patients save money because recreational marijuana is taxed at a higher rate. If you’re a Michigan MMJ patient, you avoid the 10% excise tax applied to recreational weed on top of the standard 6% sales tax.
There’s also a price difference between medical and recreational cannabis products. For example, a one gram vape cartridge might be $100 on the adult-use side, but the same cart for medical customers costs just $50.
Please note that a 6% sales tax is also applied to medical cannabis purchases.
You’ll have access to more products.
Timber’s medical cannabis patients can choose from a more expansive product variety than our adult-use customers. It’s that simple.
There are many patient incentives.
We offer many incentives for our medical cannabis patients; here are just three:
- Medical cannabis patients receive 10% off any adult-use purchase.
- There are incentives for first-time medical marijuana customers making purchases with a new card (ask your budtender for more information).
- Michigan charges a reasonable $60 annual fee to become (and maintain) a medical cannabis membership.
Medical cannabis products tend to offer higher doses.
With a Michigan medical cannabis card, you can purchase products with higher THC and CBD percentages than you can on the adult-use side. For example, if you’re a recreational cannabis consumer, you can only purchase edibles with a maximum of 100MG THC served in 10 MG doses. On the medical side, these limits are much higher. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]
Here’s how to become a Michigan Medical Marijuana patient.
Michigan medical cannabis cards are valid for three years. Suppose you’re interested in getting a Michigan medical marijuana card. In that case, we suggest you start the application process right away – it can often take up to 30 days to receive your card in the mail.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_column_text]You must be at least 18 years old to receive a Michigan medical marijuana card, and you must have at least one of the qualifying conditions listed here:[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_column_text el_class=”small-list”]
- Hepatitis C
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Agitation of Alzheimer’s disease
- Nail patella
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Severe and chronic pain
- Severe nausea
- Seizures, including characteristics of epilepsy
- Severe and persistent muscle spasms, including elements of multiple sclerosis
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_column_text el_class=”small-list”]
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Tourette’s Syndrome
- Chronic pain
- Cerebral palsy
- Ulcerative colitis
- Spinal cord injury
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_column_text]Assuming you have at least one of the qualifying conditions listed above, you can start the application process. Here’s what you need to do:
- Set up a LARA account online and register with the Department of Licensing and Regulatory affairs: click here.
- Visit a qualified doctor for approval- most now offer virtual appointments via Zoom. Click here to schedule an appointment with the Card Clinic.
- Complete your MMMP (Michigan Medical Marijuana Program) application online with the LARA account you created in step one. There is a $60 application fee, and you must upload documents to prove you’re a Michigan resident. Here’s what they’ll accept:
- Michigan drivers license
- Michigan ID card
- Signed Michigan voter’s registration card
Please reach out to 517-284-6400 or email email@example.com with questions.